Whos breeding atm?

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
These plecos seem really quirky hey?

Trap for days and nothing, trap and have eggs and kick em out, hatch eggs to fry and still kick em out, eat eggs.
Just plain wierd and annoying but at the same time the challenge is worth it.

I suppose if they all just laid like battery hens and raised heaps of fry all the time the challenge would be gone and we wouldnt enjoy them as much?

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
my sole 260 egg hatched and is wriggling like a champ!!!!

hopefully the rest are in one of the caves i cant see... all the male are covering up asap when i turn on a torch!!!

333's 66's 397's are all trapping now too... cmon 201's your next!!! plenty of other activity with other species too... musta been the drop in barometric pressure to give them the hurry up...

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Not happy plecos yesterday. Old airpump was making the noise but it was red hot and nothing coming out of their sponge filters.

New pump installed and now I have tanks like bubbling cauldrons lol.
I'll have to watch now and make sure I didn't lose anyone but so far no losses I've seen.

My L201 had a lady trapped at the time. I don't know if I scored any eggs yet or not though.
L397 has a batch of fry in his log. Fins crossed they are still ok.

hinchles

Feb 13, 2012
UK
in the past 2 months I've had 2 massive drops from my pair of long fin albino bristlenose.

Currently sat on about 35-40 @ 2cm and probably another 50-60 just starting to come out of cave now managed to catch about 30 last night into a growing tank looked in parents tank again today and its swarming with fry again.

I'm going to have to split the parents at this rate as its getting excessive I'm running out of grow out room :(

hinchles

Feb 13, 2012
UK
Its a nice problem to have though? :clap:
it would be if it was my 264's !!

while longfin albino bn's are less common they're still bn's shifting the insane quantities is semi-difficult though I do appear to be the only long fin albino breeder locally so I manage to shift most off to local shops

MICKSNOWDOG

Jan 30, 2011
AUSTRALIA
yes, ancistrus species all on strike thought, 046 have not gone again yet either. 201, 202, 066, 333, 015, 270, 397 all doing their thing, a different tank of 201 this time though.

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
my 66's are trapping which im quite suprised as its super hot atm! mustve been the iced water change haha;)
Good to hear! I am coming to perth for a holiday next week.
It's like winter in sydney atm!!
My pepps all seem keen to breed but the L's aren't doing anything yet

PlecoMM

May 9, 2012
Perth
make sure yu go to vebas aquariums and aquotix truely amazing! :) its hot cold hot cold here atm bloody ridiculous!

aquacouple

Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
I just moved to a new house last week and moved all my tanks, and already have eggs from my peppermints and corys, and I just got my second batch of l144 eggs:) I wasn't expecting breeding so fast after moving!