L128

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
yep they are certainly big enough for me to tell you they are both girls....

they are exactly the same head shape and body as the females i have... and my male is as hairy as a billy goat at that size....

p.s. i'd love to buy them from you if you decide to let them go.... the bigger your colony the more chance you have of a spawn.....

R2 Ranch

Sep 8, 2010
Texas
Aww.... I hate to hear their both girls!!!!! I've been looking at L 128 for a few weeks now. If you don't mind me asking a quick question, Are the easy keepers? I have located a mated pair and might want to give them a new home.

alex_j_5

May 3, 2010
ipswich
has anyone managed to breed these guys?

i have always wanted these and L200's but havnt herd if anyone breeding them so i am hesitent in buying some.

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
yep they are certainly big enough for me to tell you they are both girls....

they are exactly the same head shape and body as the females i have... and my male is as hairy as a billy goat at that size....

p.s. i'd love to buy them from you if you decide to let them go.... the bigger your colony the more chance you have of a spawn.....
Thanks Johnno,

Always thought they were a pair, lucky i decided to put them up for sexing.

Aww.... I hate to hear their both girls!!!!! I've been looking at L 128 for a few weeks now. If you don't mind me asking a quick question, Are the easy keepers? I have located a mated pair and might want to give them a new home.
They will be fine as long as you do a little research on their requirements, to me they seem to be quite an easy fish to keep and quite entertaining to watch.

Breeding them is a different ball game though.

Cheers.

has anyone managed to breed these guys?

i have always wanted these and L200's but havnt herd if anyone breeding them so i am hesitent in buying some.
A few guys in Australia are still trying with them, Counterstriker had a spawn that resulted in one fry and a few guys in Europe have successfully spawned them.

They are available here in Australia just not that affordable, hopefully this wont be the case for too long.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Hi, beatitiful fish, I had several I wanted to breed but unfortunately i lost them on the hot weather.
I was away for a couple of days and my air stone was not on.
so live and learn, make sure they have plenty of oxygen and bubbles and water movement
yes they have been bred, there is a thread on planetcatfish, but they are hard to breed,

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Hi, beatitiful fish, I had several I wanted to breed but unfortunately i lost them on the hot weather.
I was away for a couple of days and my air stone was not on.
so live and learn, make sure they have plenty of oxygen and bubbles and water movement
yes they have been bred, there is a thread on planetcatfish, but they are hard to breed,
Always suck when you lose fish from accidents, I had a similar situation with another L number and it did not feel good.