Enticing L091 out more?

WWorld

Oct 14, 2014
Manchester
Hi all, jsut a thought on getting my L091 to come out more, he rareley come out until an hour or so after complete lights out, i have seen him as i have sat and watched if he is ok, but he isnt eating the food i leave, well looks ok from what i can see.

The tank has a 4w LED strip which i fitted to lower the lighting, do you think it will be ok to leave it on constantly to get him used coming out.

What you think, will it just make him stay in hiding or bother the other fish of tetra etc?

thanks

wayne

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
it takes time to entice fish to come out. How long have you had him for ? I would turn the lighting off at night, as most Ls are night active anyway. It is very hard what to say, because each L acts differently and it is trial and error, but turn off the lights for the Ls. I have lights off from 7pm to 6am in the morning. I feed them just before I go to bed. During the day feed the tetras and I do see my Ls come out as well. cheers and good luck jk :thumbup:

WWorld

Oct 14, 2014
Manchester
Hi JK,
The thing i am most concerned on is his feeding, he doesnt eat anything i put in the tank, prawns, cucumber, courgette or pellet. i remove it in the morning whats left as the tetra nibble on the prawn and there is always a little pellet left. i add this at lights out.
I have had him 3 weeks, i know not long but as said it is the feeding more than anything. if i was to get him to come out more i was hoping it would get him to feed more.
he does seem ok when i have seen him the 2 -3 times in the dark, just sucking on the glass.

L204 hasnt shown much in the last day or so either, also doesnt each the veg i put out.

picky sods lol