My first spawn of L134

cugerg

Aug 31, 2010
Australia
Here are some photos sorry for the really poor quality

Tank

Fish. You would have thought i would clean the glass before taking photos.

Fry

These photos are what the breeder sent me when i bought them

cugerg

Aug 31, 2010
Australia
I came home from work today to find 7 dead fry on the bottom of my tank. I thought i better take the fry from the cave just incase he starts kicking them out. I ended up with 33 fry plus the 7 dead so a spawn of 40 which is pretty good. The difference in size between the 33 and the 7 was huge. The surviving ones had bugger all egg sack left where the 7 still had big egg sacks with no colour to their body. So im wondering if he knew they were no good and kicked them out. Can anyway tell if they do that?

pauldoit

Sep 4, 2012
Belgrave, Melbourne
That's great news Cugerg! Any plans to re-stock their natural habitat with the spawn of some prolific breeders? :) Out of interest do you have other Ls at breeding age? and if so are they going crazy too?

cugerg

Aug 31, 2010
Australia
Thanks guys. I have 066 a breeding size but only got them last week. I also have 397 which are breeders but they are the opposite atm havent had a spawn from them for a few months now.

cugerg

Aug 31, 2010
Australia
Cheers mate

The lights are off while im at work, but turn them on as soon as i get home and stay on until i go to bed.

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Great stuff! I am struggling with my ph for these fish & everything else is breeding.
What is yours at if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers mate