L65 Pseuda kicked out eggs!! what do I do??

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
I am extremely happy :D to find eggs in fron of the glass, but what do I do with them now? I've raised cory eggs seperately but not plecos.my bristlenose have always been the best dads.

in my tank with 4 pseudacanthicus L65's

The largest female she had a belly full of eggs for awhile now!:yes: from a first time mating pair of pseudacathicus blizzard cactus plecos in a cave a long with two others . the eggs were adrift outside the cave two were all fuzzy the rest were yellow. I've only had experience with ancistrus spawning and the fathers raised the eggs. I put the eggs back inside where the pair were in a large cichlid cave. another male was in a long d shaped euro cave from plecocaves.com

all I can add is the temperature dropped to near 49f outside the water is around 82 f and I fed them some peruvian purpe potaoes that are in season now, they had some mysis shrimp before that. haven done a water change in like 2 weeks they have a 40gl us tank by themslves four and they are about 2 years sionce I got them at about 3 inches.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
congrats on the spawn....:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

just raise the eggs the same as bristlenose or any other pleco i would imagine...

using egg tumbler or siv over airstone... or in a frysaver with an airstone...

plenty of good quality water and air will go a long way to hatching them...\

good luck

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Here is some photos I have uploaded recently I was left with three who are developing really nicely! :D I need to take some more pics today they now have a black flowing tail! These are some flashy little guys!<3 I had seen photos of L65 fry but wow these guys "Blizzard" patterns make them look like tiny orcas haha :woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks for all the advice!:yes:

[/URL]

[/URL]

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
well done and raising a few is better than none. It might be worth your while in now investing in a proper frysaver as they will lay more eggs now. Good water and plenty of water movement as well. cheers jk :thumbup: