3 week old Zebs in XL Breeding Box

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
Male zeb left his cave this morning which means "please takes these brats away so I can spawn again" :lol:

So set up an XL Breeding Box I got from Rare Aquatics at the meet and popped the cave in. Some of the fry have already come out for a nosey round, got 8 in total so he's getting better :whistle:

The cave in there is a size 2 to give you an idea of scale

I think they are great :D

JenCliBee

May 13, 2011
Birmingham (UK)
Really nice hun..... any more info on the breeding box?.... hard to see how it works on the pic. Is it just a box and you add an air stone? or does it filter water threw from the main tank?

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Excellent job-I have the same box I got off of Ebay. I'll try and find the link. . . Bit the water goes in pushed up through a pipe by the air pump you connect to it and out via an over flow which has various different sections to change how quick the water flows out.
I added a different siv type netting as I was worried the fry would run out the over flow with the water but if you leave in the gates they provide waste collects quite quickly.
Hope that helps
Cc p.s great pictures

JenCliBee

May 13, 2011
Birmingham (UK)
Excellent job-I have the same box I got off of Ebay. I'll try and find the link. . . Bit the water goes in pushed up through a pipe by the air pump you connect to it and out via an over flow which has various different sections to change how quick the water flows out.
I added a different siv type netting as I was worried the fry would run out the over flow with the water but if you leave in the gates they provide waste collects quite quickly.
Hope that helps
Cc p.s great pictures

Very helpful mate, thankyou.... give us a shout if you happen to find the link :thumbup:

JenCliBee

May 13, 2011
Birmingham (UK)