Ridout's Tank

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Hello one and all.

Work in progress. Any suggestions on how i can improve it are appreciated.
Click pic to enlarge.

Would like to add sand but due to fast currents i will have bare tank showing in places. Suggestions on how to prevent this.

Ridout

More pics to follow with improvements and inhabitants.

Attachments

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Looks mint Nick!

Is this your breeding project? what size is it?

Have you tried putting sand in? I had that problem with the pond filter and sand but i managed to move it round and its cool now.

Where is Bruce?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow looks great. i would change nothing. what kind of Ls will you keep and other fish as well ?

cheers jk :thumbup:

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Mark- Cheers mate. Not breeding tank as such, but if they breed its a bonus. Haven't tried putting the sand in there yet but thinking about putting gravel where the tank goes bare. Bruce has gone to a friends house with a bigger tank. He went to a good home. plus i get to see him every once in a while (yes i'm sad i admit it).

My breeding tank has 6 L399's. Got some eggs in tumblers so fingers crossed.

Thanks BigBird. I have had this tank for years now but made big changes when Bruce (my L90) left. At the moment there are a few random tetras and corys. Plus 3 L169, 2 L288 and 6 L66 (Babies)

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing---it's gorgeous !!! I could never be that good at tank scaping , and believe me , I have tried :wb:

Next time you're in my neck of the woods u can come here and scape my 54g trigon :clap: he,he,

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Do you what? I only seen that when you said about it. Doh!:wb:
Your still a cheater :)
I got three in 239's in total. I bought two from RA on the weekend. The picture is of the blue I've had for a while now. Little blue beauties!

By the way. Ignore the life time supply of silicone in the first pic. I had to do an emergency operation on the tank about a year a go. Went a bit OTT on the silicone. Lol