brown face

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi everyone, I have 3 diamond tetras in my 54g tank. If you know what they look like, they are kinda clear , with pretty silver sparkles all over . One I recently noticed has a what looks like a dirty face, it is brown --wish I could figure out how to post a pic here on my new windows 8, have been trying but no luck--- so from my description, anyone have clue ? I plan to move him to the hospital tank, and hope it didn't spread ....I checked all the pics of diseases and nothing looks like this . Please help ... thanks , Georgie

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
:dk::dk: anyone willing to take a stab ? I spent hours trying to find my imported pic on photobucket but still cant ... hope some one has an idea what is wrong . He is eating fine , acting fine and swimming fine. He is now in the hospital tank. please , anyone ??? thanks ,Georgie

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
Tetras can at times throw some odd disease symptoms. They can be damn hard to ID too. Some causes have been vitamin deficiency, stress, pH issues, fungal skin diseases amongst others. Sadly most cases I have heard about have resulted in fish dieing due to the disease or being euthanized by the keeper with clove oil.

Sorry Georgie, but I can't provide any good news on this one. You might try a broad spectrum treatment but that's a bit random in targeting the issue.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
thanks YA, appreciate the reply. I have never seen this on any sites or books , so at a loss. Since he is in the hospital tank, I will keep his water clean and that is about all I will do. No sense treating when not knowing what i'm treating for.

I am keeping my eyes on everyone else in the 54g where he lived to be sure nobody else has this.. thanks again