What "Other Catfish" do you have or have had?

Evilsmash

Oct 23, 2012
London
I had three huge marble catfishes. But I gave them to a friend because there were no more space for them. Now I have a Gold Arowana.

Chard56

Feb 5, 2013
Harrison, Arkansas
www.aquabid.com
I just got some baby and I mean baby, less than half an onch Albino cories in a trade I did for some of my Bettas. I got two Featherfin upside down cats, synodontis eupterus; at a Wal-mart for $6.95 because the educated employee said they were the plecostamus when asked for a price on them. They were about 2 and 1/2 inches long at the time. 6 months later they have huge dorsals and are 6 or 7 inches long. Here's all I could get for a picture the other day.
Look at those feathers!
26 years ago I had a home bar with a 100 gallon tank in it. I had some big spotted Pimelodus cat I'd purchased at a fish store when it was 5 inches. It was going on 16 inches when it died accidently. The accident waiting to happen was a Pseudodoras niger that was about as big as the spotted cat who liked to hang upside down by the heater. When he broke it and fried the pair of Tiger Oscars and the spotted cat I sold him to the fish store I worked at. I got another sotted Pimelodus from a friend last year that I was hoping would turn out like the one I had 26 years ago. It grew to 8 or 9 inches but it died the last time I moved. I lost my pair of Redheaded Cichlids when I moved to Branson and then the big cat when I moved back. I'm not moving again! ~ Richard

Last edited:

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
I've got the 3 species of pygmy Cories, C. pygmaeus, C. hastatus and C. habrosus.

I don't see C. hastatus very often, but both it and C. pygmaeus are quite plant orientated, and don't tend to dig.

I've only recently obtained C. habrosus , but it behaves more like a larger, more typical Corydoras, and spends more time out on the sand.

I've got fry from C. pygmaeus and C. hastatus, just left alone in the tank, and C. hastatus fry particularly are really cute.

cheers Darrel

Chard56

Feb 5, 2013
Harrison, Arkansas
www.aquabid.com
Synodontis ocellifer

Walmart had Synodontis lace cats for $6.34 each. Three of them looked different and I thought they were multipunctatus but with a friends help I found out that I brought home three Synodontis ocellifer's. They get to be 18 or 19 inches. I'm stoked!

Last edited:

immo530

Mar 27, 2014
Cooma
Synodontis eupterus X3
Synodontis multipunctata X6
Sterbai Cory
Bronze cories X4
Albino cories X2
Marble coloured cories X2
Love cories, they're so cute!

Mol_PMB

Mar 26, 2014
Manchester
I'm not sure if any of these count as 'other':
Plecos: L128, L244
Cories: 6xTrilineatus, 6xMelini

However, I was looking at some whiptails yesterday and fell in love with them. I managed to resist buying any as I don't know if they would do well in a tank with one of my other plecos - would they get out-competed for food and territory?

I am planning a big 1000L ish Rio Negro tank with mostly small and medium fish so maybe they could feature in that?

Panaque-Fan

Jan 31, 2017
Mississauga
Use to have a trio of blue whale catfish (Cetopsis.coecutiens). Had to sell them when I went away for an internship. Working on getting a new group.