Feeding L066

leisure_man

Mar 24, 2014
3rd Rock from the Sun
I feed my L66 sinking pellet food. From the breeders to the little guys, they all eat the same food. The poop inspection confirms the big poops come from the breeders and the little wormlike poops come from the fry.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
tetra prima, flakes, defrosted prawns, peas, green beans, catfish pellets, just give them a variety, not just one food type.

leisure_man

Mar 24, 2014
3rd Rock from the Sun
I don't believe in variety. Most commercially available food are a combination of different ingredients. I use only a couple of food that all my plecos like and any size of plecos can feed on.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
hikari algae wafers as they have some protein. Also blanched peas and some zuchinni. a small variety. cheers jk :thumbup:

jzcombo

Feb 10, 2015
Staten Island, NY
I know this is an old post, but this is exactly what I was looking for. I just picked up a L066 myself and was worried about feeding. I am gonna try a bit of variety throughout the week.

marclazaroo

Sep 5, 2015
Singapore
I feed my colony of L66 a mixture of pellets (Hikari Excel, lionhead and carnivore) and also frozen Hikari daphnia and bloodworms. Livefood occasionally Tubifex worms.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Glad you love your new babies :D
I fed the new Era, catfish pellets, not the cichlid ones this time, I do feed both type of New Era foods ;)
& They lived Nat :D lol ;)
Not too much tho, give alternate veg also ;)
I've even seen panaques in my tanks catching shrimp and chowing down, so they do like something with a bit more ooomph than plain old wood now n then :D I don't have any shrimp in the plec tanks now lol

Last edited:

AquaticFrank

Nov 4, 2018
New York
I have a pair of these. They are quite reclusive. For the most part I have to strain to locate them. Under this set of circumstances, how can I tell if they are eating what I've been offering (mostly at night just ahead of shutting off the aquarium lights)?

The Hikari algae wafers fall apart in the overnight, so it is impossible to tell if, or to what extent any have been consumed. Pretty sure the other fish in the tank (four adult German Blue Rams) eat the bloodworms and brine shrimp. I've tried pieces of prawn, spinach leaf and cucumber and none of them appear to have been touched.