L333 Surprise

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
:hi:
After a long wait, only 4+ years :whistle:
My L333 have finally bred, I did threaten to sell them all a month before lol
in a 3 foot tank with 5 L333's, Only one is female :/
I walked past their tank and noticed a Cardinal tetra playing very excitedly with something yellow, looking closer OMG It's a wriggler :blink: I frantically I scoop the ones I could see into a sieve, then go bk to Dad's log to retrieve what ever hadn't escaped yet...
Well... I picked up his log and upturned it, I thought it would be just dad, but Plonk into the net went Dad & Mum & some just hatched wriggling fry :/ OMG Three casualties with the thrashing of Ma n Pa in the net :cry: Ma n Pa go bk into tank and all the fry go into sieve :D
They survived the chaos of capture :thumbup:
I was worried at first, because three looked like they had no eyes lol
Then it dawned on me what they were :drool: Oh my lordy lou ... I can't believe my eyes.. Could they be? Noo surely not, But ...They are albinos, I very nearly exploded & shrieked with utter delight, Not only had they finally gotten down to business, They gave me a bonus for my patience :woohoo:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Their sieve :D

Into a saver

aged 2 months

Daddy, named CC, bred by Brengun's Plecos

Mummy, named Yella

A month later I see a stray in the L333 tank, Oops, I snatched it out and put it with his siblings, total 10 het fry & 3 Albino fry :woohoo: :hs:
Now to keep them alive, So far so good, none have been lost :) 3 months on and they doing well, cept for one Albino, it's the lightest in colour & the smallest by a wide margin, It seems to be a bit special B-)
About a month later, I went to catch Pa n Ma to do an ID shoot & move them to their love shack <3 Low n behold, as I tip out PA, a lovely batch of plump eggs comes out with him(25), I'm freaked out once again, I do the same as last time :cry: They fungused within a day and It seems they were not fertilized...I think I may have interrupted the process :/ Oops again ...:dk:
So now they are in their private love shack and I anticipate a new batch any time now :thumbup:

Last edited:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Well done you Mooo! Couldn't have happened to a nicer or more patient fish keeper. :)

I scored one albino L333 myself but I haven't been able to figure out yet which of my 3 females laid it so I have moved the male with one female into a tank of their own and will test mate each female one at a time.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Thanks & Congrats on your's too :D Your's is a bit older than my lot.
I was lucky to know who were the parents, considering they were all in there together, the whole damn family lol It was a shock when they all came out I tells ya lol
I have loads of more recent pics, I'll load at a later time..tonight maybe..

Last edited:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Hi & Thanks Irene
Any species can carry the het/albino gene, even hoomans ;) It's just a fluke of the union of the parents. the trick s to breed them true ;) Might take a few years but we're working on it :D