London calling

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Going to be pretty hectic in and around London over the next few months, anyways these are some photos from a day out not so long ago

London cab

The Savoy Hotel

A man that never moves, well not until its time to go home

HMS Belfast on the River Thames

Tower Bridge

The candy machine from Chitty chitty bang bang film which is at Ripleys Believe it or Not

Always a surprise when you see people you know in strange cities, so was great seeing scatz(Brian) there( psst, freshmints wouldn't go amiss:thumbup:)

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Nice, I had a tourist day planned in London last time I was home, however it rained all day and I was so hungover I couldn't move off my mates couch in Balham!

You got any Olympics tickets?

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
I've never really visited London but did pop down there a few months back (to visit R.G Lewis, a Leica camera shop) but was surprised at how compact it was (the touristy things I mean). Oh here's Downing Street, then Trafalgar Square, then the Houses of Parliament.

And you could really tell I was bambi when I was swiftly told I was standing on the wrong side of the tube elevators :cry:

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
lol at the elevators!
i used to live in essex and traveled to london every day to go to college. Now that was a commute. Baptium of fire! I was really shocked at how everyone seems to always have somewhere to go and needs to always get there as quickly as possible!
thanks for posting the picture, real flashback of memories!

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I quite like the hustle and bustle of London but wouldn't want to live there lol

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
I quite like the hustle and bustle of London but wouldn't want to live there lol
totally get it Doodles, I live close enough to NYC ,few hours drive, but I prefer the quietness of the country , the laid back way of life...that's why I love the state of Vermont ,a few hrs north of us...just a great place to chill ,would love to live there,that was our plan after graduation ,but no jobs there..guess it's too laid back. Got friends there we go as often as possible and when we hit the Connecticut border coming home, ya can feel the congestion of people and hurry-ness here too.

Do many/any members have tix for the Olympics ? That would be boss !

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have never been to London and not sure if I ever would, don't know? I know my Son might be going there soon to see the Olympic Stadium and other sites with the School so may be interesting.

I really should go to see stuff but then you have photos other people take so you don't have to .

Good pics by the way. I also use Google Earth to look at places, saves going there and cheap alternative with petrol prices these days.

Last edited: