How the hell do you get a tetra tec ex 1200 to stop leaking?????

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
the o-rings went on my eheim taps.
You should have contacted Eheim, They would have immediatley stopped production and re-traced the offending faulty line it came from and shot every member of staff on the line. They would have then flown your spare part by stealth fighter direct to door step.

Cheer

thegeeman

Breamlegend

Apr 22, 2009
Central Coast NSW Australia
You should have contacted Eheim, They would have immediatley stopped production and re-traced the offending faulty line it came from and shot every member of staff on the line. They would have then flown your spare part by stealth fighter direct to door step.

Cheer

thegeeman
I would of but I didnt have the phone number for the factory in China, lol:woohoo::woohoo:

Breamlegend

Apr 22, 2009
Central Coast NSW Australia
just kidding mine are german built (I hope). Don't know why they are so exe in Australia considering our exchange rate is at an all time high. Might have to start looking at some online shops in the US that post international.

Pete

May 19, 2009
North wales
Mine has started leaking too
I've ordered an Eheim 2217 can't chance it dumping water all inside tbe cabinet
I have had it for quite a while and its been fine, just took it apart to replace a noisy impeller
I broke one of the tap clips so had to get new taps
after all that the blooming thing leaks now from around the base where the top half clamps on
I've got three Eheim externals two eccos we have had for years with no problems at all

Pete

May 19, 2009
North wales
Just realised that this is an old thread !
never mind:)
I have had the ex1200 for a few years and until recently its been fine apart from a leaking tap housing a couple of years ago
but now its leaking from the main filter housing so its probably best to get a new external filter have got a 2217 in the other tank so may as well get another one:)