L007 Experiences

Dan B

Dec 29, 2009
Hallidays Point
Hi I was wondering about other peoples experiences with keeping vampires.

Are they as aggressive to each other as some books suggest ?

Do they chew threw silicone in tanks ?

What size tank you keep yours in ?

Any of your experiences good or bad much appreciated.

Thanx Dan

axle

Sep 4, 2009
Perth Australia
Hmm thought someone would have replied to this thread by now. There is a few around in Oz now and I've been lucky enough to have kept both adults and juvies of the species. They are definately one of my favourite Ls because of there striking colours ( I also love the fact they get bigger than a lot of Ls available here)<3
As juvies you will hardly ever see them in a tank with too many places for them to hide, but I suppose thats how they like it and makes them feel comfortable.
As they put on some size you will see them out and about more often and I've had atleast one adult that would often come out thru the day for a look around too.
There is sometimes aggression between males( I think they are males ) but nothing too nasty as the smaller one usually gives up before too much damage is done. As for eating silicon I really do doubt that but Ive always made sure my tanks for them are full of stuff to do and graze on without resorting to that! LOL
Plenty of air, plenty of current and temps of high 20s will keep em happy.

Good luck and get some if you have not already done so.:yes:

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Even as fry you can tell they get big from their body shape hey!
Mine grew from 3 to 6cm in less than 3 months. I wasn't expecting that!

Pete

May 19, 2009
North wales
Hi I've had mine for a while now not sure exactly but about the same time as this site started
Was tiny when I got him but is fully grown now still a stunning fish yellow spots on a black background
Comes out for food even when the lights are on but is hidden normally
He's very hardy and is fine with other plecs I've got five differerent plecs in a 400litre tank

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Hi I've had mine for a while now not sure exactly but about the same time as this site started
Was tiny when I got him but is fully grown now still a stunning fish yellow spots on a black background
Comes out for food even when the lights are on but is hidden normally
He's very hardy and is fine with other plecs I've got five differerent plecs in a 400litre tank
How big is he now Pete?