Lealea saying GOODBYE to all!

lealea

Apr 25, 2009
Brisbane Australia
I would like to say goodbye to everyone as I no longer as of today keep any fish. I have been successfully breeding lots and lots of L numbers for a long time now and as of today do not own 1. Thanks to all those that gave me advice and support. I hope my contribution to this hobby has helped others. I still have a day of clearing out tanks and then you will see some tanks up forsale in the next couple of days but as for fish all gone. I will definantly need a drink and I will have alook though my album at all the L numbers I have bred and owned over the years. Goodbye and good luck to all:hi::hi::hi:

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
That is really sad to read.sorry to be losing you but I am sure it won't be for life asan addiction is called that for a reason!
I hope you can upload some of those photos you will be looking at.
I wish you all the best in everything
Cc

lealea

Apr 25, 2009
Brisbane Australia
Thanks for the message I will try to. It does become an addiction but I and my husband are Geminis and when we do something we do it100% and then we flick onto something else that feeds us like a drug. WE have recently over the last year been doing up upcycling furniture and it ha been a new challange and we have been loving it so we are getting into it for a change. We love animals and we will always love fish and of course we till have one fish TEDDY our fighting fish on our kitchen bench. Once you have done something to the top the challenge is over and you need a new addiction. Anyone have any questions before I leave this site pleae feel free to ask. lealea

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Oh No Lealea, that is not good news. we will miss you. We also wish you all the best for the future and by all means still pop into the forum and chat, we all still need your expertise and wisedom. good luck and cheers jk :thumbup:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I will still email you from time to time with pleco pics, just in case you are tempted to dabble a little bit back into them again.

You taught me a lot when I was just learning the Ls and I really do appreciate it. Thankyou.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Oh :eek:( That is sad, I never got to know you, but know of you, through Bren, & your tireless work with L # plecs.
It will be a great loss to the hobby seeing you retire from it..
I wish you well in your furniture endeavor..& pray you both never lack of a challenge :eek:)

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
this time comes to everybody sooner or later...

well done on all the fish you provided to the australian hobbyists...

pity you didnt hang around a bit longer to produce some L046 fry... they are the ultimate experience in raising up fry... they are just so damm cute... i sold some last week and it almost made me cry... like giving away your own children!!!
but lucky enough i still have some left to feed and take care of each day <3

im not sure whats wrong with them leopard frogs i bought from you all those years ago... they must be over 5 years old now and still no kiddies!!! but they are the best looking 134's i have seen... <3 any tips you'd like to leave me with :thumbup:

and the 397's i got from you about the same time have produced close to 1000 fry now! they are machines and still going strong with spawns of 40-50 common now!!

all the best leanne...
regards johnno...

lealea

Apr 25, 2009
Brisbane Australia
All I can say is that with breeding a change is sometimes better thena holiday move them to a new tank change the tank completely around even split them up for a week or two and then reintroduce them. I have done this on several occasions due to rearranging the tanks and usually that night a great lot of eggs were laid. Remember if a storm is brewing outside drop the water level in the tank and fill with fresh cool water or do this when you see the female hanging outside the males cave. Make sure you have a variety of caves my L134 only really liked my home made bamboo caves (now brengun has them all). Also I only fed mine every second day. all tanks have gravel and then slate under the cave and ontop of the cave then covered in drift wood and a plant or two. They had a power head at the back top corner, heater and a sponge air in the other back corner, water changes 20% at least every week and when conditioning 40% every second day especially when storm season here in QLD. Anyway that is a few things I did but we all do different and still have success. all the best. lealea