Breeding rack for plecos ( filter talk )

Aaron

Jan 20, 2018
Sydney
After some info what works better .
is it best to run a sump and have all the tanks sharing the same water for breeding different types of L's . reason im asking is a sump would filter the water better . but i dont know if it would help with breeding . like having different plecos on the same system sharing the water condishions or best to give them there own water condishions that best suit the species in the tank .

a sump would be easier but idk if different species would like sharing the same water type ( water temp PH ect ect ).

mlb7225

Aug 16, 2018
Thousand Oaks, CA
I am actually thinking about this right now for myself. I have always tended to stay away from multiple tanks sharing same filter. Taking disease/sickness out of the equation, you would need to keep species with similar conditions for breeding/living, etc. I am leaning towards each rack having 3 tiers, a tank on each top tier and 2 large canister filters sitting on the bottom tier for both. Another option would have a sump per 2 tanks. That way you would only need to have similar condition species limited to 2 per mini system. Just ideas.

Jessman101

Apr 30, 2017
Adelaide, South Australia
I have a rack running now, 2 tanks with a joint sump (with the option to close off the outlets of the pump to seperate the tanks and run a tank off sump). Having been breeding L002s succesfully and spawning L168s but not achieving any fry.

mlb7225

Aug 16, 2018
Thousand Oaks, CA
I have a rack running now, 2 tanks with a joint sump (with the option to close off the outlets of the pump to seperate the tanks and run a tank off sump). Having been breeding L002s succesfully and spawning L168s but not achieving any fry.
Sweet. Do you have a post showing your setup you could link me to?