New L014 Scobiancistrus

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Hi everyone, just thought id show my most recent purchase off, picked up this very big 14" Male L014 Scobiancistrus today from Jo&Nick at Rare Aquatics, Very Happy Indeed :)

Last edited:

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
A superb looking fish Rob. The square'ness of it's snout looks interesting, perhaps with the decent amount of odontodes it's a male?

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
A superb looking fish Rob. The square'ness of it's snout looks interesting, perhaps with the decent amount of odontodes it's a male?
Hi Matt, the females max out at 11-12" have a more triangular head shape and very little growth on the fins, my other L14s do show a fair difference

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Awesome fish Rob.

Look forward to the breeding log. Where's the cave then?

Cheers

thegeeman
Hummm.... you might be waiting a long time for a breeding log lol :) If you dont try though you never know.

Ive cap`d the clay pipe this afternoon and covered it in silicone and sand tonight so all being well i will add it in the next few days once i cannot smell the fumes. wish id of worn gloves though as i spread the silicone round the pipe, its dam hard to get off! :(

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Well done theres a few quidsworth there
He really compliments the other tankmates too
hope hes feeding ok
Yeah he is feeding well, been eating muscles and prawns the last day or two, might try some veg as well, he isnt the only large L14 in there the others just hide theres also a 11" and a 7" L14 as well as a L600, there will just be L14s soon though and a atempt to breed will follow :)

Thanks Kingfisher

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
beautiful fish and astounding photos :clap: great job and thanks for sharing, good luck getting fry from this beauty , keep us posted ,thanks .
Georgie