Just catching the plec bug

sjones_1

Mar 4, 2010
Midlands and Cambridge
I think i'm coming down with something,...that's right the plec bug.

Hi everyone, my name is Sam. I've been keeping and breeding fish for many years (i even used to work in the trade) and so have kept many a plec over the years but it is only until recently that i have truly started to admire them.

I just wanted to say hi, i hope i can contribute something for all the knowledge i am going to gain from you all.

Sam

sjones_1

Mar 4, 2010
Midlands and Cambridge
Again, thank you to everyone who has given me such a warm welcome!

Thought it might be nice to introduce myself properly;

I am currently a PhD student and have kept fish for 16 years. I used to work at my LFS (Shirley Aquatics) and have been a very keen fish breeder for the past 6 or so years. I currently have 4 tanks (soon to be 5). Two of these tanks (3ft and 2.5ft) are mainly empty due to some recent moving around of fish but i am keeping them up and running as they will be used for some larger fish that are currently growing in another tank.

The 3ft currently houses a pair of LF albino BN, a pair of Regular BN, a large wild type male angel, a female krib, 2 male sailfin mollies and some bronze cory's.

The 2.5ft houses 1 common plec, one unknown cory, one juvenille panchax and 4 harlequins. I have had some troubles with this tank but all is well again now.

Recently i set up a tank in the office at work which is 250ltr and houses 4 F1 Geo. Tapajos 'Red heads', a trio of common BN's, 9 albino (bronze) cory's, 9 anglefish (1 platinum and 8 golden) and a pair of Panchax. The only other tank i have is a grow out tank containing 9 juvenille albino cory's and 8 angelfish juvenille's (Platinum x wild type).

Hopefully to add to this lot i will be getting some L270's and some LDA01's (thanks to Irene0100) and my plec adventure will really start to get going!

Sam

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
you're gonna need a massive tank soon for the common, gotta love MTS (multiple tank syndrome), just when you think you have everything you want, you find you need to go bigger lol

SpAzZy83

so true scats i USED to have 1 2foot tank now ive got 1x 4footx2footx2foot, 1x aquaone AR980, 2x 5footx20inx20in breeding tanks (was ment to be one) and 2x 2footers -_- and i also live in a 2bedroom unit...
i keep alsorts from plecos to cichlids to birchirs

wonder whats next:dk:

and :welcome: sjones_1!!!!