L046 Sexing

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
they are hard to sex,
lots of people said my group were all male (apart from Jo) and now they are breeding!
the females are not looking plump yet so need more feeding up possibly.
how long have you had them?

psionic001

Jul 2, 2009
Sydney
I am only considering buying them at this stage but I was looking for at least 2M3F.
The owner has been nice enough to let me post them up here to ask you guys. :)

they are hard to sex,
lots of people said my group were all male (apart from Jo) and now they are breeding!
the females are not looking plump yet so need more feeding up possibly.
how long have you had them?

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi
If I was going to breed them and they are to be sold as job lot don,t buy them ,if they are hard to come by and reasonably priced buy the 2 biggest males and get 2-3 females else where.

Only my opinion.

Jerry

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi I would say No 5 has a 50% chance of being female it is obviously younger than the others which could be why less hair,I have also based it on body shape and size of fins as it looks from the angle it is at.
psionic001 is looking for 2 males and 3 females not 4 males and 1 female in which case buying them as a job lot in IMO could be wasting money on fish he may not want sex wise they an't cheap fish!.
If the buyer likes the look of No 5 then other option would to buy one male and No5 and look else where for the chance of females as in a pair or trio maybe one single female to give better chance of more females if you see what I mean.

Jerry

Last edited:

psionic001

Jul 2, 2009
Sydney
Hi Jerry,

thanks for your input. That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd get #5 and another male from that group, and look for some other females elsewhere.
Good to mix the blood a little too.

regards

Matt

Hi I would say No 5 has a 50% chance of being female it is obviously younger than the others which could be why less hair,I have also based it on body shape and size of fins as it looks from the angle it is at.
psionic001 is looking for 2 males and 3 females not 4 males and 1 female in which case buying them as a job lot in IMO could be wasting money on fish he may not want sex wise they an't cheap fish!.
If the buyer likes the look of No 5 then other option would to buy one male and No5 and look else where for the chance of females as in a pair or trio maybe one single female to give better chance of more females if you see what I mean.

Jerry