Black and Orange pleco?

Chess46

Aug 16, 2010
Florida
Hello everyone,

Could someone please tell me what kind of pleco this is? I have never seen one like this. How much would this fish be worth? He/she is about 9 inches. Just curious.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
L025.
Pretty nice one. They are kinda graded by the amount of orange on the fins & the number of fins that have the orage coloration. That one would be a "7 pointer" & as a significant amount of red so wuld be pretty costly. Probably a couple hundred bucks possibly more.

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
:drool: wow! very nice l25, 7 points, almoast a full red dorsal and realy good contrast between the body and fins

Chess46

Aug 16, 2010
Florida
Thank you. I got him with my 80 gallon fish tank. I'm selling him on aquabid because I don't have any luck with sucker fish and I would hate to see him die. I just don't keep my tank dirty enough for them.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Thank you. I got him with my 80 gallon fish tank. I'm selling him on aquabid because I don't have any luck with sucker fish and I would hate to see him die. I just don't keep my tank dirty enough for them.
While they appear to be "sucker" fish due to the mouth shape, they are not kept the same way. They are primarily meat eaters and do well on a diet of commercial tablet/wafer/pellet food as well as bits of shrimp/clam/white fish.