Sunken Belly

nutty

Feb 6, 2013
Staffordshire
Hi I am from Stoke on Trent and I have been keeping and breeding Plecos for about five/six years.

I purchased a Magnum L047 on Sunday and never realised until I got him back home that he is very lethargic and has a sunken belly. This morning I have noticed that his eyes are beginning to sink in too

My husband has always wanted one of these and it was a present for him, is there anyone who can please help me get him back to health.

Please help

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
oh dear, only med i can suggest is esha 2000, do good waterchange with rain water first if you can, so dont use water conditioner as it affecte the effectiveness of the med.

leisure_man

Mar 24, 2014
3rd Rock from the Sun
Since you just recently purchased the fish, I think the best course of action is to contact the shop and see if it can be refund or return. Clearly the fish was not healthy to start with.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
sorry to hear this very bad news. I agree with leisure mann. sunken eyes are not a good sign at all. I would feed blanched peas, meaty products and try to fatten him up. Also as stated it seem the fish was not sold in a good condition and thus the seller might refund you the money. sorry cheers jk :thumbup:

nutty

Feb 6, 2013
Staffordshire
Aww thank you everyone for your help. Unfortunately he didn't make it. I did speak to the person who I brought him from and he said it wasn't his fault although obviously it is. At least now I know who my friends are (or obviously are not) :(