New Ehiem prefilter

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
Hi Guys
This is the New Eheim pre filter... I think it a great addition to the range and will protect sml fish and fry from being sucked up into the filter.

EHEIM Prefilter

Ensures Excellent Filter Performance, perfect for water quality and longer cleaning intervals.
EHEIM No 4004320
Includes 1 x Top section
2 x Filter Basket
2 x Filter cartridge

Traps coarse dirt in the priming area and prevents the filter media from clogging too quickly.
Also protects fry/sml fish from being sucked up.

The filter basket, which can be removed easily (Easy Click) can be cleaned quickly.

It is used to draw water directly from the bottom of the aquarium.

Coarse dirt is trapped in the pre-filter , not in the external filter, thus increasing cleaning intervals for the external filter.

Consists of 2 filter canisters (which takes standard Aquaball Filter cartridges).

Can be extended

For all EHEIM external canister filters (except: 2074/76/78, 2227/29 and 2260).

Will connect directly to EHEIM Installation set pipe, or to EHEIM 12mm or 16mm green rigid outlet pipe.

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
I've been looking at these to put with the new Eheim Ecco Pro 300's I'm getting next week. I spoke to my lfs about these and they thought if they became blocked the filter could pump out the water inside and burn out the motor. :dk:

I do like the look of them though, just need to keep an eye on them.

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
I've been looking at these to put with the new Eheim Ecco Pro 300's I'm getting next week. I spoke to my lfs about these and they thought if they became blocked the filter could pump out the water inside and burn out the motor. :dk:;;I

I do like the look of them though, just need to keep an eye on them.
I can't see them blocking up being a problem at all...The canister sizes are the same as the aquaball and bio power internals, so I would expect them to last far longer than the normal strainers that are supplied with the externals...Its just a matter of good maintenance.

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
I can't see them blocking up being a problem at all...The canister sizes are the same as the aquaball and bio power internals, so I would expect them to last far longer than the normal strainers that are supplied with the externals...Its just a matter of good maintenance.
I thought they should be ok as they are an original Eheim accessory. I would never let them get that bad, just thought I would mention what my lfs had said to me.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I'm not 100% sure when they were launched...I only found out about them when the Eheim rep was in seeing me 2 months ago...I only got a few in this week.
I got a few from Germany around 10 mths to a year ago
Used them om the larger tanks.
I found an elbow to get them to sit "Upside Down " made changing the pods a bit more user friendly.
You can extend them with the kits for the new Aquaball.

Regards Bob

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
I think they are a good idea, I like an intake sponge for ease of cleaning, as I want to make sure that the ammonia ends up in the filter, but not all mulm and crud, but I don't think I've seen the official Eheim version before. I wouldn't have thought there should be any problem with water flow, unless you had a very small head height from the tank to the filter, even in that case you would need to be pretty lax with cleaning for the flow to drop off enough to damage the filter.

I've been happy with my PPI10 DIY sponges, which are a lot cheaper to buy, so I'll stick with that for the while, but I think these should be good.

Details here for DIY intake sponge (last post): <http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9408>

cheers Darrel

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not 100% sure when they were launched...I only found out about them when the Eheim rep was in seeing me 2 months ago...I only got a few in this week.
Thanks

They look much better than the old pre filters they have out. I will have to search for some here. I doubt they will be available lol

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Look Good:yes:

Its great to have threads like these, not only is it detailed info about the hardware but also opinions and comments from you guys that are interested or have been using them:clap::clap:

More hardware reviews please lol

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
I've just ordered 3 of these from D-MAC's website. :thumbup::thumbup: The only other place I could find these was Ebay but they cost quite a bit more.
Thanks for that :thumbup:
Got them in the post today...They said you should get then Saturday, hopefully!
Next ones will be a bit more expensive as I got the the first lot on a deal.