L075 Para Pleco

KaiMcNeil

Feb 25, 2017
Suffolk
Hi all.

I've decided I'm going to attempt to breed some para plecos.

I've got the chance to purchase a young group and I'm hoping for them to pair off.

Has anyone here had experience breeding para's that could give me some advice?

Thanks all

KaiMcNeil

Feb 25, 2017
Suffolk
any luck kai?
Not yet, still very early though, im planning on buying 2-3 more so i have around 6 and im just going to leave them to it.

They will be in a room which we dont use so im hoping the extra peace and quiet will work a treat.

Fingers crossed.

KaiMcNeil

Feb 25, 2017
Suffolk
L075 Pleco

Hi

Sorry only just seen the reply!

Still no action! but there slowly becoming more confident and are now eating really well!

I have 5

3 over 5 inch

2 over 3 inch

PH 7.5
GH a shockingly high 600

I've read that water hardness isint really any issue with these pleco's so fingers crossed.

How are you getting on? What parameters are you working with?

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
Here is what my water is like at time they bred..... PH-7.3, GH-7, KH-5, TDS~125, and 77 degrees (25c). When they are big enough do a dry season/rainy season to get them to breed. The picture is of some eggs from my L75.... they just breed last Tuesday so no pictures of fry yet.

HTH
Chuck

Attachments

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

I think:
in a few days the frys will get a pigmentation - probably gray
and in three weeks the color will change - like the parents.

It would be great if you could document the color changes with age in days and pricture from this day.

Thanks
Elko

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
Hi,

I think:
in a few days the frys will get a pigmentation - probably gray
and in three weeks the color will change - like the parents.

It would be great if you could document the color changes with age in days and pricture from this day.

Thanks
Elko
My thoughts exactly, I will be taking daily pictures..... my picture taking skills aren't the best but I will do what I can. I'll post them in another thread, feel free to use any for the forum you like.

Chuck