Here is to all that have pm me for advice

fishy

Dec 18, 2011
sydney
Thought id post up a thread as have no time to pm all who asked anyways basically to breed any l numbers u have to supply living conditions exactly the same as were your species originated from common sense . Were most go wrong they have the same temp and water current all year round leaving there plecos confused not knowing when the monsoon has arrived its simple every season or 3 months u arrange the living conditions to the season example summer warmer slower moving water like a drout occurring another example when the monsoon season has arrived cooler very fast moving water i use a waterfall as u need to make sure the flow is entering from the top not these silly common pumps near the gravel to low . Lastly with every season the water changes i can not tell anyone what the numbers are as i only know hemiancistris 128 200s and the other species in the same channel how i know well its not cheap i hired a scout from the district to run multiple tests the expensive part is i paid to watch it all live via videolink. Warning it will cost 3 times more than original quote as had a weak signal multiple times meaning unexpected extra extra live running time u pay by the minute both the connection and the satellite if anyone wants to do it i advise find others who also want to do it and every one chip in but make sure the group is after the same river as u are to investigate. Once u all set up just leave them alone i have hemiancistris in the same tank as less work monitoring or managing 2 tanks accurately. Just leave them alone my 128s have been fanning for almost 3 years now my female is smaller than anyone thinks and is still small i have dark fry also in my tank i suspect the 128s breed a first small batch but have no proof to back up my suspicion only way is to grow them which i have been doing for a while now still to early everytime i mimic the monsoon they all fan like crazy waterfall at top with speakers mimicking continuous thunder i went all out i also added a light to mimic lightning but not to bright as remember when its dark it is more bright can pm a mobile number if anyone wants to order one though light not included. All this taking pics business constant monitoring them is constant annoying them and yourself hemiancistris are shy they will usually live private life hidden . Hidden equals happiness so if they start fanning dont take a pic block off the tank so they cannot see u or u can't see them . U will not know they have breed untill u realise normal activity has changed . That covers what i can advise anything else i do not have evidence to back up the theory . I do like to help and usually do not say no i not all about hiding info like many unfortunately good luck to all and sorry to anyone i didnt reply to right away

fishy

Dec 18, 2011
sydney

Just wanted to state that i am talking about wild caught hemiancistris or any other species wc if they are not wc than u do not have to go to so much extreme as i stated just basics note i not the best to ask on this topic as pritty much all my fish are wild caught

Raul-7

Oct 21, 2011
CA
The problem is you NEED to monitor them as to ensure they are all accounted for and healthy; but I assume you mean constant monitoring?

fishy

Dec 18, 2011
sydney
Hi

U check up on them once a day when feeding, water changes are done from outside with a pump on a adjustable timer running from the rain water storage tank , rain water tank has a monitor device which measures water quality also temperature also oxygen levels etc , water pumping out when doing water changes is also on a monitor a advanced monitor as i said water quality has to be exactly like in the wild one strong example this is from Bigjohnnofish who i reckon he knew before most even me zero nitrate i totally 100% agree . Basically champ thats plenty to monitor as they are not going to run away especially when i watch them on my cctv camera time to time . Have u ever had wild caught takes an age just to get them to come out when your watching even when feeding, image when they are fanning. In the end i am not telling all how to do go about doing things i am telling all how i did it, others may have ideas better i am as equal as others and many know more than me as they have been in the hobby for decades i lucky to reach a decade experience and would agree my success luck has something to do with it.