possibly C.trilineatus X C.panda

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
Hello there!

Long time I didn't said anything here, I was on my carnivorous plants project, anyway, yesterday night was cleaning time and in one of my main tanks (Three are connected) i discovered a tiny corydoras about barely 1cm with some paterns of a C. panda and some dots of the C. trilineatus, I have in this tank one old male trilineatus, three young trilineatus unsexed yet, aaaaand one male panda...:dk:

Does anyone know if an hybridation is possible?
I have made some pictures yesterday but this is hard as hell to photograph that tiny douche that can't stop swimming with my stupid camera free from macro mode.. anyway, I'll post some pictures later...

Thanks in advance for your knowledge:hi:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
yup it is possible, like with Ls, some Corys are compatable. try and get the photo ( lol ) if he stands still. cheers jk :thumbup:

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
@ Jackson I've seen your picture on an earlier post after I 've posted mine, cant wait to see if mine is really an hybrid or not!! yours looks like a schwartzi I like it!

@bigbird I'll do my best, I will put the pictures I've done yesterday, but later cuz now I'm at work ^^

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Nice pics, I always love cory fry :)

It's still in fry colouration so I wouldn't say hybrid just yet, trilineatus fry do look this at this stage, it should be much clearer as the pattern develops which I would say will be within a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Gem

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
ho? it still could be trilineatus then? no problems I'd be happy anyway, this is the black mask on the eye that makes me thinks about the panda, let us wait...

For now he's fed with sera viformo, crushed tetra prima discus and other sinking pellets from sera and tetra, do you recommand anything else?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Thats a pretty good diet, I also feed frozen baby brine shrimp but not sure how readily available this would be for you.

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
a little update about my baby cory, it seems that it is just a trilineatus after all, except the black line on his eye everything is from trili, plus I've seen several time the couple breeding... anyway thanks for the infos I appreciate the help! more photos to come!