Which Common?

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Finally managed to take a 'Reasonable' photo of the Common, not easy and probably not good enough for a true identification, but if possible i would be interested to know which Common i have (came with the 6ft)
Pattern-wise it has similar markings to Pardalis but i'm not sure, it has patterning on the underside as well, it looks too dark to be Hypostomus :-/ i've tried counting the Rays in the Dorsal fin but he never keeps it up long enough though it does appear to be around the 10 mark which would denote Pterygophlictys over Hypostomus.
TBH either way i really like him/her, nice colour, lovely looking Plec, looks really cool swimming around.
Any help would be appreciated Thank You

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
As far as i can see on the rare occasions he/she flashes me, the underside is similarly patterned to my Gibby its not as reticulated as disjunctivus so if is Pterygoph then should be Pardalis :dk:

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Without removing from the tank to get a decent pic (which i won't do) theres not much hope of photographing him properly, so i'm kind of hoping that one of our experts will be able to surmise from the shape of the head and maybe the Pectoral Fin :dk:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Without removing from the tank to get a decent pic (which i won't do) theres not much hope of photographing him properly, so i'm kind of hoping that one of our experts will be able to surmise from the shape of the head and maybe the Pectoral Fin :dk:
:yes: i agree with that.

I think it was Lornek8 who gave my two a positive ID ( darn memory):wb:.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Bubbles said:
I think it was Lornek8 who gave my two a positive ID
Lornek8 said:
I'd say pardalis
:woohoo::clap:

Thanks all, i was hopeful it was my Gibby's little cousin and TBH i prefer them to Hypostomus at least i can stop referring to him/her as 'the Common' and can proudly say L021/23 and it makes my forum name even more Apt :clap: