L260 sexing

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
The top one in the second picture looks female, not much growth on the pelvic fins and short odontal growth on the cheeks.

HTH.
same thoughts as me, its the largest of the 3 and doesnt have much hair on its pelvic fins, it has some chew but nothing compared with the other 2

The head on it looks slightly narrower & more pointed too.
:yes: fingers crossed

I

intrepidmax

2 males and 1 female. the top one in the second pic.

stunning looking fish.

I

intrepidmax

are these the L260 that elaine said had bred in her tank??

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
These guys were part of my group. The third one is probably Mom LOL !
I found it very difficult trying to sex them.

Hope it's a female Kev.

Cheers
Elaine

I

intrepidmax

Had to take another look because i was getting a bit confuzzled. and on closer inspection of the top QA260 it looks to me like a sub male . its width and massive chew gives it away and the thickness of its pectorals.....it just screams transvestite im afraid. its like a lady boy from thailand gotta look for the adams apple. lol.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
These guys were part of my group. The third one is probably Mom LOL !
I found it very difficult trying to sex them.

Hope it's a female Kev.

Cheers
Elaine
pretty sure its not the one that bred, no markings on it at all and quite plump so no characteristics of a fish thats just spawned so i think your safe id say your breeding female is still in your tank :clap:

im really not sure on the third one, could well be a sub dom male but for the size of it the lack of chew and hair has me confuzzled as id expect it to be a clear male if it was, hmmmmm we will see :yes:

P.S. anyone got any female L260 for sale :thumbup: