Did I mention the 6ft?

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I turfed the frontosas out of the 6ft tank and made it salty.
I have been cycling it for 4 fish I have being fish-sat at the lfs until my tank is ready.
Tank (the two powerfilters have been replaced with wavemakers)

Deltec 600 skimmer and using existing canister filter with media only.

We've had the ammonia part and nitrites have been and gone. Almost ready.
Just going to need a chiller which aren't real cheap to buy.

Whelk snail has survived famously through out it all. I added prime liquid daily.

These are photos of the actual planned fish supplied by my lfs.

A pair of lion fish. Male and female we think.

A clown triggerfish with a cute heart shape on one side.

An epaulette shark who is almost 2ft long. I have been watching him grow for months.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
oh no....bren......dont go to the salt light...stay with us.......noooooooo.....stay away from the salt.......:lol::lol::lol::lol:...ok go to the salt sell me your Ls cheap ...... :lol::lol: cheers jk :thumbup:

simonas

Jan 18, 2011
Wirral
excellent keep us updated as I;d love to do something similar

I always wanted a volitans, leopard moray and dog face puffer with maybe a panther grouper!!

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Update is tank is cycled yay! I added a deltec 600 skimmer which I had to modify the output tube with an upsidedown fanta bottle because it was tossing water out over the lids and the irrigation center didnt have the right sized elbow to fit it. Works well though.

I took out the powerfilters and added a couple of cheap 3000L 5watt $18 wavemakers from guppies.

I caught the tank at 30C so I bought a TECO TR10 200watt chiller and connected it from the canister so I didn't need a powerhead to drive it. Works great!

I was advised my my lfs not to put the expensive fish planned straight into the newly cycled tank as they might not be able to cope so instead I have introduced 5 blue-green chromis who are loving the 6ft space. The planned next two fish, the lionfish will eat the chromis though, so the chromis will have to go into my 3ft coral tank when the lions arrive. They are cute little fish and they follow me along the tank begging for more food all the time, little gluttons.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
excellent pictures and set up - fantastic beaties of fish you have got there!! look forward to seeing more pictures and respect for making the leap (your pockets must feel a bit light after buying all the things you needed to swoop!)
cole