Tank shots and set-ups

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Lets get our newest forum going with some photos of your Marine tanks and equipment set-ups:clap::clap:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I have loads of plecos tanks but my special love is my little marine tank.
I am not that into fish since its only a little tank but the corals are creatures too and some even go off their rocks for a walk sometimes. They even shrink and go to sleep at night.
Amazing critters corals are. :)

I will go back and see if I can find where I posted the first set up on another forum and copy the info across. I went for a brand new imported tank and imported livesand so it wasnt cheap but now its not too bad in ongoing costs at all.

The lastest 'new' thing some marine keepers are going in for is LED lighting to try to replace the hot power hungry metal halides. I would be interested in seeing some of those set ups for sure. My lights are T5 ones, not quite as good as halides but pretty good too.

simonas

Jan 18, 2011
Wirral
Heres mine only been running since March 10 had never kept marine before
Its a River Reef 94 has a royal gramma and lawnmower blenny in there with a couple of cleaner shrimps and a few hermit crabs. Its got plenty of corals there,
Cost a fortune to set up and does require far more upkeep than my freshwater fish, I;m struggling with calcium etc and there are days when I feel like jacking it in but it does look nice in the living room

Dane

Apr 28, 2009
Winagte, Co Durham
nice looking tank i know its stressful with marines are you dosing calcium at all as your tank aint that big you have a few corals that will use what calcium that is in the water quite readily so i could recomend that dosing weekly could solve your matter on calcuim problem

what lights you using also i found that d&d h20 salt give a true mix of additives

Dane

simonas

Jan 18, 2011
Wirral
nice looking tank i know its stressful with marines are you dosing calcium at all as your tank aint that big you have a few corals that will use what calcium that is in the water quite readily so i could recomend that dosing weekly could solve your matter on calcuim problem

what lights you using also i found that d&d h20 salt give a true mix of additives

Dane
cheers Dane
I have some tropic marin calcium and dose that but I don;t think its doing a great job. I;ve heard the d&D h20 salt is the best I;m going to getit next and hope that improves matters

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Heres mine only been running since March 10 had never kept marine before
Its a River Reef 94 has a royal gramma and lawnmower blenny in there with a couple of cleaner shrimps and a few hermit crabs. Its got plenty of corals there,
Cost a fortune to set up and does require far more upkeep than my freshwater fish, I;m struggling with calcium etc and there are days when I feel like jacking it in but it does look nice in the living room

I like the shrimp in that tank, love nano marine tanks. Will be setting one up for shrimp myself some time in the future. Would have to just be live rock to start with I think.

How much did you pay for those corals in total? Must be RO water but how often do you have to do water changes?

I was interested in less than a 94l tank but never kept marine.

Like blennys, look really funny rooting around in the sand.