ER section.

Akraziatic

Jun 30, 2009
Canberra, Aus
How about an er section. As in emergency response. Health issues that people feel they need answered as soon as possible. There is a similar thing on monster fish keepers. It's a good concept.

Akraziatic

Jun 30, 2009
Canberra, Aus
Thats fair enough but I feel if there is a section where if everyone checks as soon as they log on it can form a habit to check and help out. Just an idea. The idea is more for a general health help rather than pleco specific as there are alot of newbies (I apologise for the term, I am as much one myself) joining the forum and just to help the forum grow and accomodate for those less experienced. I am more than willing to help with the construction with the section if there are some design/implementation issues.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i think that for now, putting "URGENT" in the title, should get everyones attention enough though.
could be an idea for the future though when we have grown even more

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
TBH, ive been around health forums for 3 years or so, and threads that have some sort of title that says urgent do get more faster attention.

Saying that, personally i am up for having one health forum for all rather than different fish different places, this was a gripe of mine on pf, i noticed that health threads in general freshwater for example were often overlooked.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
urgent definition ur·gent (-jənt)

adjective

1.calling for haste, immediate action, etc.; grave; pressing
2.insistent; importunate

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
I think IMO that an ER section is an awesome idea. normally when I see a thread containing urgent i just by-pass or take a look and by-pass....not through pure neglect but most of the time the thread has been answered. I didnt know that if the thread contained urgent lol...it really means urgent.....(I know im solid lol) but now I do so will be watching. I think the message URGENT needs to be known as universal throughout all the members. ....for some urgent means next year and some means 2 seconds ago urgent lol.
Soooo why have an ER section when you dont bother with "urgent" threads??

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
We won't be having an ER section at the mo anyway but we are happy for people to use 'URGENT' in the title as many people do check the health forum and as I said before, urgent threads statistically get more response.

Also will speak to Scatz about having the health forum as a one for all, this will help keep all fish health threads in one place and easier to cover.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
update.

Have slightly changed the title of health forum with a new description underneath. Have also moved any health issue threads from other forums into it. hopefully now that all health issues are in one place, it will be easier to keep track of them.