Brenguns Redseamax 250

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Those lights really make em POP !!! Just love them all, I have a few favs tho, specially this one

& the green stick one :D & the tubey purple one with long tenticles, thats dainty..Doh , love all of them lol...

Last edited:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Thats ones an elegance coral, he sits on a tiny little pointy bit of rock which I can move about the tank if I want.

He has an anemone shrimp who lives in and will not come off even if I move the elegance around. The anemone shrimp must defend it because the sexy shrimp are never allowed on it, only under it.

If you put you hand on the elegance it will kinda suction onto you to see if your edible.

Sometimes I directly feed the elegance with a little piece of squid or something and its funny to watch the anemone shrimp fighting to get a bite of the food before it disappears into the elegances mouth.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Ok bre your tank, your thread, your photographs are amazing! Huge respect to you and all your hard work. Im to scared to dip into seawater but you sure have titled my taste buds. Thanks for all your hard work, educating and sexy eye candy! Cc

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Time for an update? I hadn't bought anything in ages for my tank so I got a couple more corals.
Full tank shot.

Newie, a green anemone who's not very happy atm. He wasn't real happy in the lfs either but I reckon I can cheer him up. He walked off his rock and is hiding behind the blasto atm.

New green morph. Just a little one.

A sps brown but has blue tips. Might be interesting as it grows.

The new led lights were due to go out just before the photos so I altered the timer and caught the coral banded shrimp sneaking out from his hiding spot.

Porcelain crab is safe in his anemone.

Still have my snail who gets the lower inch of algae to feed on.

Nuther shot of the new green morph.

One of my bigger morphs.

Green acropora sps has gone nuts under leds.

Catl...what ever it is looks happy too. The gorgonian stick thing up the back was fluffy before a water change but its sulking in that photo post wc.

Another sps getting tickled by the anemone.

Pink birds nest sps.

Bubble anemone.

Devils hand leather coral loves his new spot in the front.

Mushroom coral has just gone insane in his new spot up the back.

Duncan coral who has borne so many new heads it looks like a cabbage lol.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
OMG :clap: Bren they look the best I've seen them :clap: They really LOVE those lights..I love this tank so much..:yes :<3

You have to add those ones of the new anemone and shrimp..they are so kool...

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
My new anemone was sulking baaaad. He was tucked almost under a rock and looking very unhappy. Then my sexy shrimp came along and has been woo'ing the anemone and bit by bit he's cheering up and coming out. At first the anemone was all stringy as you can see some evidence in the first shot, and he was a little cranky too, wanting to sting the sexy shrimp. But shrimp are very patient and he's doing his tail swinging sexy dance and winning his new friend over.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Elegance coral might have to pack its bags and find another home soon. It has grown to 25cm which is a fair size in a little 3ft tank.

Can't find my anemone shrimp or the sexy shrimp and I think they might have finally strayed over to the coral banded shrimp end with fatal consequences.

Bubble coral got attacked by something or other nibbling on it but after dying right back its back now and is looking much better.
Hammer coral got stung and almost smothered by the elegance coral creeping over it. I don't know if it will be back, not looking good.

The green acropore has gone insane with growth and is co-existing with an anemome and its porcelain crab below it.
So far the anemone is keeping to itself and not annoying the acro. It was annoying the blastomussa which I had to move. Its amazing just how far an anemone can stretch its anchor foot out and extend itself.