I have a excel spreadsheet i want to upload to the site

Hypanheaven

Sep 25, 2010
Perth, WA
Hi all,

i have made up a power usage spreadsheet that lets you calculate your power consumption and spits out a daily and yearly $$ figure for you.

how can i upload this to PP?

thanks
Brad

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am sure if you can store the file somewhere on a hosting site that allows you to store documents or even on your own web domain then you could place it there. Try save the excel document as a zip file by save as then the name of the spreadsheet with .zip on end manually then save. See if that works. You could then place a direct download link to the site of examplespreadsheet.zip then it should automatically download or be given the opportunity to download via a link. That is providing anti-virus or other measures aren't in place to stop it. Usually you will get a message before downloading that "this file could harm your computer do you wish to download" or similar.

If you get a free domain you can store any documents you like there and the link to zip files directly cause it to automatically download from a link placed on a forum eg. www.mydomain.co.uk/examplespreadsheet.zip . It will be as a compressed file and should unzip into a regular excel file with winzip or similar.