Sharing my planted tanks with you

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
Hi Pleco People,

Im new to this forum and want to share some pics of my planted tanks with you all. First up is my 46 gallon high tech tank. It has injected co2, a marineland aquatic plant LED, and runs two HOB filters. I dose EI every third day or so. WC is 50% weekly (or every other week depending on how busy I am) It houses one albino bristlenose pleco

next up is my 75 gallon attempt at an Amazonian biotope, it has a marineland canister filter, marineland singlebright LED, and a few anubias and sword plants. Mostly manzanita wood as decoration. it houses a clown pleco, several ottos, and an unconfirmed gold spot sailfin pleco. It is also home to 5 juvie festivum cichlids. they are growing beautifully.

Next to last is my oldest tank, a 30 gallon hexagon tank. Ive had it up and running for 16 years. It still runs on the same marineland HOB filter with a bio-wheel, it houses some ottos but no pleco currently. Here are some pictures of it over the years. Currently it houses a tilapia cichlid so it is not densely planted but it has been in the past. no co2 no ferts in this tank, marineland aquatic plant LED

Lastly is my 10 gallon shrimp/cray tank. It houses one blue crayfish and several Red Cherry Shrimp. No co2 nor ferts here, very low tech low lighting low maintenance.

lastly a shot of my current favorite plant...cryptocoryne florida sunset

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
ha, not very big Tener ds. But it was built in the 40's so its very very sturdy. I have a fish tank in every room it seems. And i have a basement so that helps.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
great pictures - i love the fact you dont have loads of fish in each one, you seem to really love the process of just keeping an aquarium.

big respects

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
I have a true appreciation for those who take the time to plant aquariums
Good job
First tank needs about 300 shrimp in there :))

Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
quick update, I rearranged the 75 gal a little last night.

the festivum are getting big, these two at roughly 4", I think they are forming a pair

the pleco of the tank

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Thought that may be the case. Didn't have a great angle on those leaves to tell. C. nurii is my current favorite.

ajm

Aug 24, 2013
South Australia
Great tank pics. You are like me with lots of tanks :) I have 5

Mine are all planted but none with any CO2 or anything, I have found my plants grow pretty good without it, however, probably haven't got as many fancy looking ones as yours.

I haven't worked out how to put pics on here yet but in my signature you can click on my blogs to see my discus tank and L46 tank.

Again, great job :)

Cheers

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
Thought that may be the case. Didn't have a great angle on those leaves to tell. C. nurii is my current favorite.
C. nurii is also one of my favorites, I like all crypts. I am now discovering Crypt hudoroi and really like the look of it. Have you seen the pink flamingo crypts out there?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
C. nurii 'Pahang Mutated' is next on my list.
C. hudoroi is nice with those bulleted leaves. Seems to be a bunch around recently. Gets a little big for my needs though. C. 'flamingo' to me seems overated. I've only seen a few nice specimens and most seem to revert to a less desirable plant. For the money it doesnt seem that great. C. affinis 'metallic red' seems to be a bit more consistent ablight a bit less flashy. Or another I may look into is C. cordata 'rosenervig', there's a guy with some great ones around here.