Rescued Pictus

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Here is a picture of 2 of the rescued fish which i believe are Pictus catfish.

I am sure they are better suited and happier in larger groups which is what me and hubby are aiming for in the bigger tank : )

The gravel is quite fine in the tank.

Last edited:

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Congratulations! Cool rescues!! pictus are very active fish and IMO very pretty. How many are you planning to get? And how's the big tank coming along? Have a time frame in mind? I'm excited for you guys :)

Last edited:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi Ya Shenzhenluohan

Well hopefully work will start this weekend on the tank :woohoo: no there is no time frame apart from as quickly as possible, i dont want to put anybody under pressure lol.

I would like to make a group of at least 5 ( including the recues) but they are so pretty it may very well be more :D

I must admit i am getting quite excited too!

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
I would like to make a group of at least 5 but they are so pretty it may very well be more :D
Pictus are great, active and very very stunning when the light catches them right and they shimmer like liquid silver B-)
A group of 5 would look pretty awesome shoaling around the 6ft
would love to see more pix if you can take any.
:D

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi

In the wild these fish live in groups of sever 100,s when young as they get older they tend to become more independant. But still seek out the company of other fish of the same Sp

Happly a fish that for Pims is rather unusual as it stays small and is not 2 predatory for its size.

But it will eat smaller fish

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Pictus are great, active and very very stunning when the light catches them right and they shimmer like liquid silver B-)
A group of 5 would look pretty awesome shoaling around the 6ft
would love to see more pix if you can take any.
:D

:clap: that is a great way of putting it " shimmer like liquid silver" very poetic :thumbup:

I will try :yes:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi

In the wild these fish live in groups of sever 100,s when young as they get older they tend to become more independant. But still seek out the company of other fish of the same Sp

Happly a fish that for Pims is rather unusual as it stays small and is not 2 predatory for its size.

But it will eat smaller fish
:hi:

Thanks for the info : D

I did see that they ate smaller fish hence they couldnt go in with my rasbora and tetra :(

Last edited:

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Stunning fish the never sit still and the barbles as long as the body there a great medium to large community fish.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Somebody is telling porkies, thats a great picture :clap:

:hi:

:hi: thank you so much, i was surprised myself as i am having to take all my pictures on my mobile, and i snapped this and looked at it expecting it to be the usual blurry and it was a clear picture :huh:, i dont know why but i can sit there and hold my phone as steady as i can yet i get a blurry pic, this was taken in a second by chance and yet its fine :woohoo:.

You dont know how many i take and have to delete :lol: