Jager heaters

hooked_zeus

May 3, 2009
Townsville, Qld, Oz
Hi there everyone

I'm having a little problem with a heater, i have a 150 watt jager heater. The tank is 260 litres. I got this heater because they can apparently heat up to 300 litres, not like other heaters.

Anyway it's been 48 hours or so since iv'e had it in, and the orange light still hasn't gone off. So i'm going to have a huge power bill. Does anyone know why this is and if it ever does go off.

Cheers
Aiden

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Question,is this a new heater?????

If so,the sensor has to be set first before plugging in and setting.This is usually done by simply putting the heater in the tank and letting it adjust to your water,then plug in and set the dial.

Edit:Is the Temp changing???

Last edited:

hooked_zeus

May 3, 2009
Townsville, Qld, Oz
Hi there Tony

Yep i think i have it sorted out now. my thermometre was saying 34 degrees but my heater was set to 30.

I turned of the heater and waited for it to cool down. I then pulled the pin on it and adjusted the dial to what the temp said it was, then pushed back the pin. and now i think i have recalibrated it properly.

I told my boss who i bought it from and he seemed to think i did the wrong thing. i don't know how though as my temp and heater both say 30 now. I sort of got into the **** when i told a customer what happened to mine lol. oh well.

Thanks mate

Aiden