More L134s

Scrapman53

Apr 21, 2009
Fife Scotland.
Thanks guys.
These 2 both looked female in Mikes pic yesterday. But when I got there, I couldn't tell the difference between any of them (6 in total). I was a good 1/2 hour before I picked the one on the left, and probably the same with the one on the right. I was hoping the one on the right would be a hairy female though.
So out of my 9 L134s, I have 1 that's already been ID'd as female, plus one of these 2 and possibly one of the ones I got from Elaine might be female as the other one I got from her is getting hairy. I think I'll leave my group at that for a while now and see what happens.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Scrap when starting a colony which hasnt bred your probably best with more males.
Iv had problems in the past with females ready to go but males just not up to the job this is where you add an extra male to kick the males into gear.

Scrapman53

Apr 21, 2009
Fife Scotland.
Cheers for the tip Rabbit, much appreciated. I took my TDS meter with me today, and they came from a tank that measured 300 on my meter. They have went into a tank that reads 150, so maybe tomorrow whan I get up, the male will be fanning eggs. Hehe, that'll be right!

Here's a pic of the hairy one. Interestin markings compared with my other ones.