Plec's "Playing" with toys

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Has anyone ever seen their plecs playing with items in the tank...

For the last few evenings one of our L075's has been playing about with a glass thermometer that is floating round the tank...

It been following it about upside down, sucking onto it and dragging it down - letting go as they both drop through the tank!

Funny to watch - I'll try and get some pics if I can :)

frankie4

Apr 24, 2009
NSW
how cute.. my plecs are so big they just swim through the tanks knocking everything over lol

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
I haven't got floating thermometers in my tanks, although I put a chunk of yam into a tank today, and one of my royals was catching it and dragging it down to the substrate to eat. This is the first time I've fed yam this way, so it was the first time to see him eating this way. Of course, every time I raised the camera, even from across the room, the royal let go of the veggie. :wb:

I will keep trying to get some sort of photo, it was quite amusing to watch!

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
My corydoras are funny with the 333s, i chucked in zucchini last night the cory tried to eat some and the 333 didnt like that so he put it in his cave...

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
They do some funny things lol, pics would be great!

I have had mine move wafers in and out of their caves to stop the other from getting it, and last night the larger plec was underneath a piece of courgette and the smaller was on top of the same piece, the larger plec would stop eating once in a while but of course it would keep moving a little as the smaller one carried on eating, it was like the larger one was trying to figure it out.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Has anyone ever seen their plecs playing with items in the tank...

For the last few evenings one of our L075's has been playing about with a glass thermometer that is floating round the tank...

It been following it about upside down, sucking onto it and dragging it down - letting go as they both drop through the tank!

Funny to watch - I'll try and get some pics if I can :)
Was that before or after you took 3 tabs of acid?

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Watched my Common giving my Aulonocara a full body massage once :eek:hmy:
Was pretty wierd, the Aulonocara wasn't swimming away or anything just hovering as the Common suckered all over it :s

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I saw my common really throwing the moss ball around the tank yesterday, giving it some abuse, it turns out he was trying to get it into a good position so he could graze the top of it.

One of my rummynose tetras sometimes follows round the corys as they sift through the sand, so he can get any nice bits that float up. If any other rummys go near he chases them away lol.