Nannoptopoma sp. `Peru`

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
sound fascinating, would love to see what crops up, sorry, never heard anything about them but the greens they had at pier last month were stunning

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
sound fascinating, would love to see what crops up, sorry, never heard anything about them but the greens they had at pier last month were stunning
OH YEAH!! Probably the most beautiful pleco/otto i have ever seen. i know who has them too..... a certain Mr Seidel.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Welcome to plecoplanet cup! They do sound interesting if you manage to find some would love too see some pics.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
I was told the green ottos have a very high metabolism and they need cool water and lots of food otherwise they burn out.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
just had a look at the wels atlas vol 1 and Nannoptopoma sp. `Peru`has a very short mention as it was imported just before printing of the book.

"Shortly before printing a new species Nannoptopoma sp. "peru" has been imported. This is a beautiful zebra-striped species."

Not much there im afraid lol

Last edited:

cup

Retired Staff
May 6, 2009
Berkeley, CA
Hard to say, but they are indeed quite delicate. I managed to obtain six, which I placed in a tank with cocama. All the cocama are still fine. The perus died out in like a week.