Do plecos stretch?

Lagonein

Apr 24, 2009
Singapore~
No I'm not kidding ,seriously. My L14's been doing that(ok not actually stretching but more like it's trying to crack its back). He'd bend his body side way to the left then to the right in the same manner as people trying to crack their waist or back. Any idea why? Other than that, he's a happy, healthy and active fish.:dk:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:hi:

I havent seen my plecs ( commons) exhibit this kind of behaviour, and i tried to have a look on the net, but couldnt find anything regarding this behaviour. Unfortunately my search time is a bit limited, sorry.

So to be honest :dk: sorry. I would keep on eye out and see if anything else developes.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I've seen it with my plecs. It does look like they are stretching lol, although i'm not certain that is what they are doing.

Lagonein

Apr 24, 2009
Singapore~
I started to notice that behavior 1-2 months ago. Not so worry coz everything else seems perfectly normal with my L14, infact he's the most active and happiest plec in the tank.He'd do that every once in awhile. Just wondering what they're actually doing by ....uh..... doing that. hmmm......