L10a breeding cave

pleco4me

Mar 7, 2011
Perth, Australia
Ive heard conflicting advice regarding the caves needed for breeding L10A. Some I have heard say use an cave open an both ends and others report that caves blocked at one end are best?

At the moment I have a few of the charcoal bamboo caves (blocked at one end) which the male seems to like. What are your experiences?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I guess some fish like a choice, just give them several caves plus some open tubes, they will choose what suits them.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
just adding to that, for the whips do you hang your caves up horizontal against some bogwood or just place on the ground ? cheers jk :thumbup:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
just adding to that, for the whips do you hang your caves up horizontal against some bogwood or just place on the ground ? cheers jk :thumbup:
just on the ground mate!!! :thumbup: angled a little to the back so no eggs accidently roll out the opening... although the little green fluro eggs are pretty sticky...

heres some pics... enjoy!!!! who woulda thought green fluro eggs would come from red lizards.... :lol::lol::lol:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
ddam you are the master ant u is there anyfish you can not breed john
well i have L204's that havent laid eggs yet... they trap the females quite regularly but just dont seem to wanna have kiddies.... lol

oh and them L134's i have... have 5 girls 10-12cm and a slightly smaller boy... he must be a faggot or something....lol... gonna have to bring in some studs i think.... :whistle: