at long last a black and white spawn

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
still no eggs yet... but they are trapping on a daily basis... seem to be a little more vigorous after a waterchange.... but they seem to like a lot of foreplay!!! :lol::lol::lol:

not like 66's... gotta check every day as the girls are in/out overnight without any mucking about...

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
pics

ok heres the pics from the first spawn.... camera had crapped itself and i finally got a card reader so i could upload them.... pretty crap pics but if you look hard enough you can see eggs...

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i think im going for 3 girls and a boy.... as 3 of them are fattening up nicely...
im slamming thru plenty of waterchanges so fingers crossed we'll start getting some trapping shortly....

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
yep the trapping has started... last night and tonight... and so it begins.... hopefully a bit quicker than last time... took over 2 weeks of playing to finally get eggs.... it looks to be the biggest female too... shes about 6-7 years old... :clap::clap::clap:

toddy123

Nov 4, 2010
kent
well we all love a bit of 4 play and im sure your zebs are the same any way she wouldn't and smaller just a bit bigger any way good things come to those who have to wait good luck with them

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: jackpot :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

female left the cave this arvo and we have eggs!!! :drool::drool::drool:

now we wait and see what the male will do this time.... <3

tommy mf

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
congrats again mate, well done!! keep those zebs pumping out babies and we'll see an influx of zebs on the market hopefully soon :lol:

hope they all survive for you

cheers

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
yep all good....

male is guarding them well... and fanning regularly..... unlike the first time he rarely fanned at all...

still eggs at the moment... havent hatched yet.....

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
bad news this morning.....

male backed outa the cave with a considerably larger belly than before.... on inspection i saw no eggs left!!! very small remains of the egg casings.....

thats strike 2..... i think im gonna rape and pillage the next lot of eggs and try to hand raise them.... unless one of the other females lays im gonna have to wait about 8 weeks for the same female to lay again....

bit disappointed - but thats fish!!!! its not the first time someone has lost zebbie eggs and it wont be the last either!!!