sailfin plec

Championsofeurope5x

Jan 26, 2013
Bridlington
hi.i have a 10" sailfin in a 4ft community.can i add smaller plecos?ive heard it may become aggressive towards new tank mates.hes out a lot day & night & doesnt seem bothered by the other fish.

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
Hello and :welcome: to Plecoplanet...if you feel your sailfin will be aggressive towards smaller catfish, just make sure there is enough hiding places for somewhere to escape too...i have 2 large sailfins in with some smaller plec's and never had an issue.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Welcome and good advice already. Make sure you have enough hidding spots.also he seems to be then dominant fish, so keep and eye on him. Cheers jk :thumbup:

Championsofeurope5x

Jan 26, 2013
Bridlington
Sailfin pleco.

Cheers to those of you who replied firstly. Secondly my tank is a 4ft & is heavy in bogwood with javas
,Anubis & 1 or2 other plants. There are lots of places to hide,as the plec does. I put cucumber in & the plec my 3 clowns,2yoyos & 3 albino city's quite readily share. I've seen no aggression at all. I was just told this. I'd like to add a couple of small pleco to the tank & wanted a bit of sound advice 1st. I've never really kept plecos as I had this one given by someone who was packing up the hobby. He is 10 inch & a fine specimen. Thanks again for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Championsofeurope5x

Jan 26, 2013
Bridlington
Salicin pleco

Cheers to those of you who replied firstly. Secondly my tank is a 4ft & is heavy in bogwood with javas
,Anubis & 1 or2 other plants. There are lots of places to hide,as the plec does. I put cucumber in & the plec my 3 clowns,2yoyos & 3 albino corys quite readily share. I've seen no aggression at all. I was just told this. I'd like to add a couple of small pleco to the tank & wanted a bit of sound advice 1st. I've never really kept plecos as I had this one given by someone who was packing up the hobby. He is 10 inch & a fine specimen. Thanks again for the help guys. I appreciate it.