144 fry :)

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
found a truck load of fry fresh from the cave crawling all over the tank today...

first spawn for me with these guys!!!

stormy weather seems to have kicked a lot of fish into action this week... lots of pleco trapping happening!!! <3

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Congraties.
I managed to kill one of my girls with bloat from nls growth. Just adding that little bit of meaty to mature the eggs and the big gutz must have scoffed the lot all by herself.

Send some nice low pressure weather over here when you are finished with it.

May 24, 2010
Gold Coast
Must be the weather, I had my 144's also breed again along with l201's on eggs again. Some of your line Johnno. Thought they needed another 6 months or more but this is there 3 spawn. :)

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i sold about 150 x 201 fry in about a 2 month period and everybody is saying the same... getting their first spawns but they thought they were still a bit small....

one guy's male is 6cm and his female a little over 5cm...

must be time to seperate some of my smaller ones into their own tank... big ones have been lazy lately.....

everything is going off now discovered 40-50 x 397 eggs....
male 260's wont leave their cave and that only happens when they have eggs/fry
zebs are trapping...
333's and 66's look like having multiple spawns on the go...
007's are trapping as are 128's (this is the one i really want to spawn)
134's look promising again...
and royal whiptails are plastering eggs everywhere on the glass in nearly every tank...

stormy november weather triggered off a few fish last year too...
wondering if the moon cycle coinciding with stormy weather was a big trigger... we had 97% ,99% ,100% ,99% ,96% full moons over 5 days... :)

antz1961

Mar 21, 2011
Melbourne
Hey johno,
great news on all fronts,
keep us posted on the 128's.
are your 144's long or short fin?
I had a few first time spawns during late Nov early Dec that coincided with passing storm fronts, will have to watch the moon phase as well.
I now have a few fry of 201, 270 & some 144 LF.

Cheers Tony