Filter Help!!

n18lld

Aug 26, 2012
Glasgow
I have an Aqua One external filter Aquis 1250 which for the past week has become very noisy almost rattling at times. Checked its not trapped air and even replaced the impeller as its the only moving part but still the same. Anyone got any advice before I buy a new filter? Its driving us crazy.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Eheim never dies as they are made in heaven, all the others you might as well send me the money.
Jokes by side. Is the propeller shaft snapped ? I find that rattling is usually the shaft being broken or a magnet not working. check it and take this apart. cheers jk :thumbup:

Last edited:

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
Have you thought about an all pond solutions external filter? I have one and I can say its one of the best filters I have had.

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
the impeller might be new, but have you checked the shaft ? That is the ceramic stick going through the middle of the impeller ? cheers jk :thumbup:

n18lld

Aug 26, 2012
Glasgow
the impeller might be new, but have you checked the shaft ? That is the ceramic stick going through the middle of the impeller ? cheers jk :thumbup:
Will check it out tomorrow but should be ok as unit is bought complete. Watsch this space.

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
the other thing it might be is the small rubber inserts into which these shafts are put into. maybe one feel off. I hope you know what I mean, but these rubber things have a hole in the middle and you insert the propeller shaft into this and stops it from vibrating when it moves. I have found that sometime during removal and cleaning that these little suckers fall out and that might also be the issue. get a torch and check this in the filter as well. cheers jan :thumbup:

n18lld

Aug 26, 2012
Glasgow
the other thing it might be is the small rubber inserts into which these shafts are put into. maybe one feel off. I hope you know what I mean, but these rubber things have a hole in the middle and you insert the propeller shaft into this and stops it from vibrating when it moves. I have found that sometime during removal and cleaning that these little suckers fall out and that might also be the issue. get a torch and check this in the filter as well. cheers jan :thumbup:
Jan, I know what you mean and all parts are there. Tool kit coming out tomorrow night.:cry: