L333 Hypancistrus

Hypanheaven

Sep 25, 2010
Perth, WA
Do you let them back into the main tank with there parents? are there any other L333's in there? would it matter if you say had 10 L333's in there and you released the juvys back 'into the wild'? (i have a 400L tank)

zy5277

Jul 1, 2010
CHN
l333 spawn

Hi Geeman

My L333 also fry,I take them our in the breeding case but unfortunately they get white fungus and bad.Could you advise how could I do take it out or leave the eggs with his father.attached is the great mother and eggs.
Your reply will be highly appreciated!

Regards,

ZZ

Attachments

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Hey ZZ.

If you can then try and keep them with the male as long as possible or at least until they have hatched out. If you are having problems with the male kicking the eggs out of the cave then what I normally do is to put them in to a fry saver that is attached inside the main tank. Put an airstone in there aswell as this will keep water movement over the eggs. Some People add methane blue which helps to combat fungus on the eggs but I have never used it so dont know if it helps at all.

Make sure your water is also of good quality.

Good luck

thegeeman

icantquit

Jul 21, 2010
wisconsin
I am one of those who add MB to help prevent fungas. I have an egg muncher male who I could never really keep the eggs in the tube for more than 2 days or else it disappear, so I have artificially hatched every spawn of L333 that I have. I currently have a small clutch of eggs in a small tank with MB in it. I will take pics and post later on tonight to show how and what I do. I dont usually get much frys. About 10 is average..... Im a rookie compared to a lot of you, but I do do a lot of reading daily.

Zebra Pleco

Retired Staff
Nov 18, 2010
Gardenstown, NE Scotland
www.zebra-plec.com
Hi Gee, where do you get your slate from, the only slate I can get around here, is roofers slate, or slapbs from B&Q, all perfectly rectangle, I need some distinct shaped slate.

Also, what cave sizes are you using for your L333's?

Any advice.

Last edited:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Hi Gee, where do you get your slate from, the only slate I can get around here, is roofers slate, or slapbs from B&Q, all perfectly rectangle,

Also, what cave sizes are you using for your L333's?

Any advice.
Hello ZP. I got the cheap slate rock from B&Q and then split it down the seams and ended up with loads of good sized stuff for around £10.

The L333 caves will be the normal 40mm x 30mm

Cheers

thegeeman

icantquit

Jul 21, 2010
wisconsin
i use 1 drop of MB into my eggs (4x4x7.5 container). I aerate the eggs, and suck out any debris build up on a daily basis. Around the 3-4 day, your MB water should be just about gone because of sucking out the debris and adding in new fresh aged water/same temp. Below is a pic of how the eggs will look like. I will keep you posted on my eggs, they were taken yesterday. I dont mean to hijack this thread but Gee, you are doing such a great job at breeding these guys, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in it as well. I got the white strains not the yellow strains, so bear with me...