L260 Queen Arabesque set up

Scat38

Aug 4, 2009
W.Australia
Hi G :)

What size are your females and at what size did they begin to breed ?

Also what temp do you keep your tank on, and what ph or do you think ph makes a difference ?

Craig

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
The females are maybe 3.5"TL. I only have a trio now as 4 females was just to much to keep up with. PH is 7ish and temp 82-84. These are pretty easy to breed if you keep the nitrates low and water clean.

Cheers

thegeeman

Scat38

Aug 4, 2009
W.Australia
Thanks for that G, the information you have been sharing on L cats is invaluable and pictures are worth a thousand words !!

Your success with these fish is very impressive :)

Regards
Craig

mike0605

Nov 2, 2009
Hoylake (Wirral)
Brilliant!

I am very new to looking into keeping groups of plecos to attempt breeding however, just wondering if the other fish in the setup are 1) to add a something extra to look at in the tank or 2) do they serve a purpose in relation to breeding the plecos?

Thanks

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
The only purpose I can really think of is that they keep then tank free from uneaten food. Because of the fry I overfeed in order for them to get the best start possible. Since the original post I have swopped the pandas for other ones of which the name escapes me and the rasboras are in another tank. The cories also spawn regulary but I hardly see fry from them.

Cheers

thegeeman