New L174 basic breeding setup set by step

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
A new setup for my L174 group,
The tank is on my pleco central system it has been empty a while.
The tank is 120L
100_1118.jpg
Filtered by the central system sump tank then pressurized pond filter & UV also one large sponge filter.
Koi air ball
I have decided to use a fine sand as a substrate this time round for a change I usually go with bare bottom tanks.
100_1120.jpg
Give the sand a good wash before adding to the tank
100_1121.jpg
Once the sand had settled I then added the breeding caves and slate ledges to give the L174s some cover
100_1123.jpg
I have also added some bogwood for more cover and to make the tank look better
100_1126.jpg
I will add the fish in a couple of days 5 x L174 and 10 x panda corydoras I think I will also add some planted bogwood
Tank temp 30oC
Ph 7

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Hey looking good im a sand-sifter myself, but id add just a little more cover to the front if possible just so they come out that little bit more.
PS: love the mighty mouse t-shirt.

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Jo
What are you feeding your 174s ?

I had been feeding mine a lot of frozen food and the usual dry foods, and they are all podgy, but i did lose one to bloat a month or two ago.

I was talking to Elaine and she said she finds her 134s have a tendency to bloat if she feeds them too high a protein diet a lot, so i am doing the same with my 174s.
I now don't feed much frozen food, only as a treat, and try to stick to dry food with a protein content under 40%, i feed them vegtables every day as well, mainly peas and broad beans, still trying to get them to eat courgette.

Just wondering what you feed yours.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
They are now in their new tank.
I feed them a very mixed diet bloodworm flake - pellet, brineshrimp flake - pellet, tropical feast, frozen food: spinach, lobster eggs, bloodowrm, prima, catfish pellet I also offer courgette, cucumber, peas if they don't take to the veg just keep trying and trying they will nip at it in the end.