tiger hillstream loaches

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi
Thanks for pointing out that informative and interesting article.
Will be keeping an eye on this thread.:thumbup:

Jerry

Bahney

Jan 22, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire
i bought one of these a few weeks back from my local madenhead aquatics, they had it down as a Swellia (gold ring sucker) it was £8 and well worth it if you ask me.

My friend Ross had one of these and we introduced a juvi sturisoma and the Swellia attacked it, lol it was chaseing it around some rocks in his tank and was proper going after it, to be honest it was hilarious to watch, it wasnt a bad fish fight or anything it was just very funny. ever since then i have had a soft spot for them.

Mine settled in well, it loves being on the glass near the strong currant of my internal filter and is all over the tank, every now and then it diggs into the sand and half covers itself in sand and then shakes it all off, it has a lot of personality

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
thanks, yes I enjoy watching mine. I have finally removed all of the other fish and they have a big 4ft tank to themselves (plus a few cherry shimps I could not get out and some snails - i guess they wont impede any potential breeding)
I havethe tank at about 20C

they chase each other about a lot and have their favorite stones they guard.
I think the females are not fully grown, or maybe they dont get as big as males.
cant wait to see any sign of breeding!

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
I have a couple of these that I ended up putting in my community tank as my other sprang a leak, never been able to catch them again so there they will stay - my those little blighters are quick. Anyway I was at Maidenhead aquatics in Dartford at the weekend and they had some in there, and they were HUGE! I thought mine were fully grown but clearly they are not, these were at least 3.5 inches and I swear a couple were closer to 4 inches - I was very tempted to get a couple more but I already have too much in the tank!

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
wow, mine are not that big, maybe they have more growing to do then.
mine are about 2inch TL
maybe they vary in size depnding on where in the river they come from? I dont think too much is known about these. well I cant find too much info.
however they are not ideal in a typical community tank as it will be too warm for them!

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
The tabk is 24/25 so not overly warm, but they are very healthy and eating well and like I said absolutely impssible to catch. They love the much bigger tank so see no reason not to leave them there.