134 trapping!

aquacouple

Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
I just recently got a trio of 134's a month or 2 ago. The male has had one Of the females trapped in his cave since Wednesday! I am getting nervous, but I have heard they can take up to a week? The male is a lot smaller than the females, so I am hoping he doesn't hurt her!! I want to shine my flash light in to see what's happening, but I know better:) fingers crossed tho!!:)

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
Good luck on the trapping and hope you the female is ok. They can trap them for days but you might find that she comes out at night and then goes back in so just keep an eye on them. I wish mine would spawn as I've had mine over a year with no success :( any tips???

Regards

Ricky

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I tried for a long time without luck, mine just did not fancy each other. assuming you have tried all the hot/cold water, low tds ect and other usual methods, I would try and acquire another female form another source and add to the group.

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
Hi Irene

Yeah tried everything I can think of even ignoring them and telling them I was going to sell them lol :).

Regards

Ricky

Last edited:

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
One of my males once trapped a female for 10 days, I had no finger nails left by the end of it :fr:

Hope they spawn soon :D

tommy mf

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
Hi,

Not sure if you have done this or if its a no no?

But if I know there is a trapping going on, I've done a 20% water change and it helps the female drop the eggs.

Have just done this to my L201 tank, and as a result the female dropped eggs. Not sure as to if they are fertilized as male is deep in the cave blocking the view.

Just a thought,

Cheers

aquacouple

Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
12 days today, they are still in the cave, I have snuck in a few times in the middle of the night to see if they are coming out at night, but it doesn't seem either has left the cave since going in! :cry:

aquacouple

Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
No luck yet. They were in the cave for 17 days. She has come out now but no eggs:( she is still hanging out just in front of the cave tho!