Ghost knife fish (sorry I know not pleco related)

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
pleco's, siamese fighter, glass cat fish are at risk of maybe getting there fins nipped
mollies, guppies could be at risk only if bgn is full size
as for the rest no danger it will have no chance catching them even if it wanted to eat them
neon tetras and rummy nose tetras
"I don't over feed them" lol i was just saying that would not be a good sulution to a problem :)

all and all i can see your conserns but keep a count of your mollies, i would put it in but that is me!

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Id keep an eye on the betta and guppies. If male he may see the guppies as competition. Also red tail sharks can be quite aggressive will smaller fish, the least he would do is chase them around but this can lead to dips in stress levels for them and make them more susceptible to disease and other problems. Red tails are also excellent jumpers so make sure he can't get out.

BexRoyalPlec

Jun 8, 2010
Essex
Yes the tank is planted and has plenty of wood and pots, places to hide for them. I am very sad today as I lost one of my young L340's

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
Sorry to hear about your L340.

Unlike others I don't think it's ok to keep a predator with smaller vulnerable fish and think that as long as you have plants that's ok.........what that is saying is that the small fish live continually in fear and have to hide all the time. That's no way to live.

Personally I think you should take your bgnf back and ask for your maoney back as it was miss sold by them, or get another tank for it and more suitable fish. That would be the kindest thing to do.

Last edited:

BexRoyalPlec

Jun 8, 2010
Essex
I am currently keeping the BGK in my species only tank, he is lovely to watch but I think you are right and will end up having to take him back I think, not sure what to think about my L340 as I bought 4 and the other 3 are ok so am mistified as to why I lost this one, probably just one of those things, still sad though.